This is spring break for me! YAY!
The plan for the week: Monday rest, Tuesday Marathonfest, Wednesday Clermont 10 mile dirt loop, Thursday Marathonfest, Friday rest, Saturday long run 20 miles, Sunday easy run with Krisitin and Kristi
Monday: Rest (went well!)
- Deep water swimming at the Winter Park YMCA: 45 minutes of 1 minute intervals.
Tuesday: Track – Descending Ladder:
- 2×1200, 1000, 2×800, 600, 2×400
- Kind of a grueling session and I don’t know why!
Wednesday: Clermont 10 mile dirt loop
- Slept in, didn’t go….Slept 12 hours that night!
- This day was all about hibernation! I got up for lunch with a friend and then came home and got back on the couch and slept the rest of the day! I then went to bed around 8:30 pm and got up feeling fresh for marathonfest the next day!
Thursday: Winter Park Tempo Run
- We did a faster than marathon pace run to Fairbanks and back followed by 400 around the track at 5k pace.
- This felt great!~ I guess I just really needed the sleep from the previous day!
- Single leg Seated leg curl – 20 x 3/10
- Single Leg Leg extension – 30 x 3/10
- Hip abductor – 80 x 3/10
- Hip adductor – 80 x 3/10
- Back extension – 90 x 3/10
- Dead lifts – 30 x 3/10 (use arm barbell)
- Single leg Step-ups – 10 x 3/10 ???
- Side step-up w/ kick – 10 x 3/10 ???
- Push up/ balance ball thing 25
- Balance board squats – 3/10
- Planks – 3/1:10
- Stretch REALLY WELL! (did about 60 minutes in addition to the hour of weights)
- Ham String
The ?? marks indicate I will do that weight one more time and then possibly increase the weight for the next visit.
Friday I am sure my rest day will go well so long I can make it a rest day and not get the running bug!
Saturday was going to be a Cady Way long run but after talking with the group this morning I think a small contingent are going to break away from the pack and go to Apopka and do 3x a 7 mile loop of hills which will give us a 21 mile long run. Ill have to let you know how it goes.
In all this has been a great week. I have discovered that the fuel I use before my morning runs is beginning to get a bit boring and not enjoyable for me. So now I am on a quest to find something easy like bananas that is gentle on the stomach, quick on the go, and provides enough energy for my morning runs. Suggestions are welcome! I have already tried cliff bars and those just don’t sit well in my stomach before a run.
I am also participating in another blogger’s 7 day green smoothie challenge. I learned about the challenge from the blog “DrinkRunYoga” and then followed her link to the originator “Peanut Butter Runner” and read all about it! I was lucky to read this post in enough time and get the ingredients together and start on Monday with everyone else. It has been a lot of fun, but Kristin has since said that I am “completely gone” and thinks I have gone off the deep end of the nutrition train. I don’t think so, I think I am just working to eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle. Has a lot changed….perhaps…but in the long run (insert pun here) I think I will be better off for it.
Here are some pictures from my, day 3, 7 day green smoothie challenge:
I used the Peanut Butter Runner’s basic set up and have added the chia seeds, a table spoon of natural peanut butter, frozen raspberries and blueberries, and greek yogurt. In the future I’d like to find a good protein powder supplement to add too.
Some other notes about this week. I took my bike into the shop to get it tuned up. I think I mentioned in a previous post that the gears were slipping and it was just running really rough. I am getting it back on Friday after $135 dollar tune up, cleaning, and new break pads. They also mentioned that the wheels needed to be trued up. I hope that it rides like a dream!
I am also experiencing a little hip issue. I have had this problem for a long time now, a few years…but when ever i get out of the car i feel this little pop, feels muscular in nature, and then I am fine. It has not hurt on runs or anything…but the problem persists and I also think that it is getting worse. I have NO clue what the issue is…and don’t really know where to start to find out a solution. Guess it is time for a googling.